

Today before Sacrament Mtg. Justin told me a new family in the ward needed a place to store their pet tortoise. I had a lot of questions about this, so Justin invited them to come and check out our backyard. The turtle happened to be in the back of their truck. It is huge! It is an African Desert Tortoise. His name is George. He now lives in our backyard. He will pay for his keep by keeping my lawn mowed. This will be great during the summer time. The kids think he is pretty neat. Conner even walked by him without flinching. Although, if he feels like he's alone with George he panics. He is only on loan to us because his owners live in an apartment complex and have no yard. It was funny, the owner brought it into the backyard on a hand truck and when it was set down, the tortoise just slid off. The seperation of the plates on his shell shows his growth. I think they said he is 15 years old.
6 comments:
Cool! Can't wait to see Jacob's reaction to him. Let's throw some more animals back there. It's big enough. You could start a zoo. heehee!
I'm so jealous! I would love to have a pet tortoise. And the name I've had picked out for my non-existent pet tortoise is George! How strange is that?
We are a little panicked, he was digging out on the side yard and getting caught on the chainlink fence. It seems though that he was just digging up a sleeping pit. That is a strange coincidence about the naming of your non-existent pet tortoise. He is cool. And huge. He is about 2+ feet across and about 2 3/4 feet long. I tried to upload more pics, but blogger was being difficult.
yeah, that's one of the many reasons I don't use blogger's picture uploader. I copy and paste the html code for all of my pictures from picasa web albums.
You'll have to tell me how to do that, because blogger annoys me.
That's cool!! I don't think Alaura would be too crazy about that being in our backyard...unless it's furry she's not a fan :)
Post a Comment