


OK I feel a little old these days as I think about my oldest being 11 years old now. Her birthday was a few weeks ago and I marvel at the time that has passed. She is a beautiful, smart, talented young lady who works hard to overcome a few minor obstacles in her life. I will brag about her and tell you all the things she has accomplished this year. She tried out for and made the volleyball team at school (JV-type), she decided to play the snare drum in her band at school, and was so good they moved her up to advanced band where they have also allowed her to play the mallets and the maracas for the spring concert. She is still playing piano and is doing amazing. Her teacher is doing some little excercises at the end of each lesson to test her students ears and sight reading abilities. She had Maryn close her eyes and listen to a string of notes and then had her open her eyes and try to imitate them. She did it perfectly with no hesitation. She sings in her school chorus and was able to perform a solo part at the Christmas concert. The Superintendent of Music was there and told the choir director that he was very impressed with Maryn and her friend Alexis' vocal abilities. She has made the honor roll all three quarters this year and missed principals list by one letter grade (straight A's except 1 B). She can wakeboard really well, but does it only under coersion. She loves her baby brother the most. She is an amazing artist and an all around good girl. Only occasionally does she give me grief. We had a girls party for her this year. We made pizzas, they karoked, and had a fun time being girls. I am grateful for her good friends, they seem to be strong friends and she enjoys them.
5 comments:
More props for Maryn - I just love that girl. Like I always say, she relaxes me and just enjoy being around her. I also love how she plays with Aubrey even though they are 4 years apart. What a beauty too!!
Happy Birthday Maryn!!! Sounds like she's very musically gifted!!! Actually she seems pretty gifted all over the board! Glad to see that you're blogging!! I'm taking the photography class at henley's on the 23rd of this month (it's wednessdays...) If you're able to I'd love to take it with you. I dodn't know if you still have YW on wed... By the way Camie's baby shower is on the 29th (tues) at 7 at Ann Herman's home. Mark your calendar. I'm just finishing up the invites...
Her party looked so fun. I asked her if she had a good time and she told me all about it. She is so cute. Yeah for your blog. I promise not to harass you if you don't post often. I don't post all that often either. I really post when I get pressured into it! :)
How is that anyone who came from our family has any sort of musical ability. Are you sure you're her mother and not the femailman?
Yes I have the stretch marks to prove it. Grandma's mom was a concert pianist I have been told. It must be from her.
Post a Comment