Peterson 8

Peterson 8
This is us

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Nana

If you know me, you know that I love my Nana. A Lot! She is awesome. I have loved her since I was a little girl. I have ALWAYS loved visiting her, even as a surly teenager. I still to this day will happily drive 18 hours in a car with all 6 of my kids to visit her. She moved to Port Townsend, WA several years ago and will not come back to live. She is unable to live by herself now, which makes us sad, but she has an amazing friend named Desi who took her in and they have all kinds of adventures together. I am grateful for Desi. I would much prefer Nana here, but this is the next best thing. Nana will come to visit us a few times a year and I will drop everything to see her and let my kids spend time with her building their own memories with her. She came and we went to Descanso Gardens for an outing. She hates her picture being taken, so I had to be sly sometimes. This is her and Desi in the Japanese Gardens.
This is a 4 generation shot. She is in a lot of pain, but seldom if ever complains. She was a real trooper hiking all over the gardens. She is one of the strongest women I know both emotionally and not too many years ago, physically.

She LOVES my kids, they know it and I know it. I know she wishes she could physically do more with them, so sitting with Mackenzie on her lap was precious to her. Plus it is a great shot she posed for. This is one of my favorites.

Nana got mischievous and splashed Kenz when she wasn't looking, it was funny.





I have been terrible about taking pictures with her and my kids, so I try harder to remember everytime I see her. This one is on my mom's front porch. I love you Nana, may I be half the woman you are.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: